In Belgium, since 2019, all companies sending invoices to public sector entities must send them as e-invoices via the official government platform Mercurius. The e-invoice will be delivered via the Peppol network. This concerns invoices to:
- Flemish government services
- Federal government services
- Brussels government services
- Walloon government services
Zervant has offered a digital and fully automated e-invoicing connection to the Peppol network since 2018, allowing all entrepreneurs and small businesses to send their invoices to public sector entities directly from their Zervant account. Best of all, no technical knowledge or implementation is required on behalf of the entrepreneur - it is sufficient to agree with your public sector customer to use e-invoicing and Zervant will handle the rest.
For this, simply follow the steps below:
1. Create a new invoice
2. Add the PO number (Buyer's purchase order number) given by your customer
3. From the preview, click "Approve and send" and select “As e-invoice” as delivery method
4. From the e-invoice sending modal, add your customer's company registration number (their CBE number). If you don't know the number, you can search for it here. The number will automatically be used for the "E-invoice address". Make sure the e-invoice address type is "CRN".
You will be notified when the e-invoice is delivered to your customer from the invoice history.
Note: If you haven't done it yet, it is important to add your company registration number in "My account". This is how Mercurius will identify you as the sender.