If you encounter a situation where a client doesn’t pay your invoice - even after you have made efforts to recoup the due payments - you will need to mark the invoice as a credit loss (often recorded as a “doubtful account”).
We do not currently offer a direct solution for recording a credit loss in our service, but you can do the following:
1. Go to the Invoices tab.
2. Choose the invoice you want to mark as a credit loss -> click on More on the top right and choose Copy as new.
3. Edit the invoice as follows:
- Mark the item rows as negative values by putting minus (-) in front of the totals.
- Under Settings on the right, change the Invoice header from Invoice to Credit loss.
- Note the invoice number of the original unpaid invoice in the Message field.
4. Approve the invoice.
5. Mark both the original invoice and the newly-created “credit loss” invoice as paid. This way, any reports you generate from your Zervant account will be accurate.