Creating and sending an e-invoice
1. Fill out all the necessary information about your company and your customer.
2. Go to Invoices -> New invoice. Create the invoice as you normally would and if your customer wants you to include a PO (purchase order) number on the invoice, it can be added in the Your ref. / PO number field.
3. Once you have created your invoice, select the As e-invoice option in the Approve and send menu.
4. If you haven’t filled out your company contact details, a window will open for you to fill them out. You will need to fill all the fields marked with a blue star (*). The same applies for your customer’s contact details.
5. Finally, click Approve and send. This will send your e-invoice to our operator Basware, and through them to your customer’s e-invoice operator, and finally to your customer's invoice processing system.
Checking the delivery status of a sent e-invoice
Once you've sent the e-invoice, you can check its delivery status under the invoice history:
- If the delivery was successful, the status will say E-invoice successfully delivered to recipient.
- If the delivery failed, the status will say either E-invoice delivery failed due to invalid content or E-invoice was rejected by recipient depending on the reason of the failure.
See the most common reasons for a failure in e-invoice delivery here.