You can create receipts for a cash or card payments and download receipts for paid invoices in Zervant. These are two separate scenarios and we explain them both in this article.
How to create receipts for cash or card payments
Receipt for a card or cash payment is a document issued by a seller to a buyer, recording the sale transaction and confirming the payment. As a business, you have an obligation to offer a receipt to customers who purchase your products or services. Follow these steps to easily create and send receipts to customers who make an immediate purchase using cash or card.
1. Go the Invoices tab and select New invoice → New receipt
2. Fill in the customer's details, and other details
3. Save as Draft if you want to continue working later, or Preview
4. To send the receipt, click Approve and send. You can choose to send the receipt by email or download it as a PDF.
You can edit or delete the receipts you've created.
How to download receipts for paid invoices
If you want to issue a receipt for an invoice sent from Zervant, you can easily download a PDF receipt for the invoice. Read on to find out how.
1. Go to the tab Invoices and select the invoice for which you would like to create a receipt
2. Mark the invoice as Paid if you haven't done so already
3. Click on Download receipt. This automatically creates and downloads a PDF receipt. It should now be in the "Downloads" folder on your computer.
4. If you wish to email a receipt to your customer, you must download the PDF file and send it via your own email client.
Receipts created directly from an invoice cannot be modified.
Useful tips for creating receipts
- Currently, it is not possible to create receipts for Down Payments, Payment Schedule invoices or Credit notes.
- Last line: Creating or downloading receipts is only available on the Zervant web app and not on our iOS or Android apps yet.