You can easily add down payments to your invoices. This is useful if your customer needs to pay you a deposit immediately, such as before starting a work project. You can set up a down payment for a single invoice or split the down and final payments into two separate invoices. Please note: Down payments are only available on our Zervant Premium plans PRO and above.
Enabling down payments on invoices
1. Go to the tab >Invoices
2. Create a new invoice as usual (incl. customer, products/services, payment terms)
3. Tick the box >Down payment on the right panel under the invoicing settings
4. Click on the link >Edit down payment visible under the total amount due of your invoice to set up your down payment. Select whether the down payment should be displayed on the same or on a separate advance invoice (and set a project name), set the amount of the down payment as a percentage of the total or as a specified amount, the down payment due date, and whether or not to include prorated VAT (i.e., distributed proportionally).
5. >Save your settings to add the down payment to your invoice. The down payment and total due after down payment along with the due date are now visible on the invoice.
6. Click >Approve and send to approve your invoice for sending.
- Down payments are only available on our Zervant Premium plans PRO and above.
- It is NOT possible to edit the invoice or issue a credit note with down payments.
- When separating your down payment into two invoices, the issue date will be the same for both invoices even if the due dates are different.
- After approving down payments as separate advance invoices, you can preview each invoice (e.g., Advance invoice, Final invoice).
- Once setting up your down payment and approved, it will receive the next invoice number of your invoice numbering sequence. If separating your down payment over two invoices, the advance invoice will receive the next invoice number and the final invoice the subsequent invoice number in line with your invoice numbering sequence.
- When sending the advance invoice as a separate invoice, the final invoice will not be sent at the same time. It will need to be sent separately from the tab >Invoices.