If you encounter any issues with our software functionality, there are a few things you can do yourself that most likely resolve any issue you may be experiencing.
1. Make sure you use a supported browser that is up to date
After prolonged testing of Zervant and its features, we have concluded that some issues may occur when using older browser versions. Please note that we do NOT support Internet Explorer at all anymore. For this reason, before you proceed with the troubleshooting, please make sure that you are using a supported Internet browser.
We support Windows/macOS/Linux operating systems using the latest versions of:
- Google Chrome
- Mozilla Firefox
- Apple Safari
- Microsoft Edge
You can check which version you are running by navigating to >Help and selecting >About or >Settings >About on most browsers.
In the past, there have been issues when using the Safari browser in its "Private Window". Please make sure you are using Safari not in private mode.
2. Refresh the page
Most issues can be resolved by simply refreshing the page in your browser. Look for the refresh icon (circled arrow which is usually located next to the address bar). If you still have issues, please proceed to the next step.
3. Clear browser cache/cookies
Your browser has a folder in which certain downloaded items have been stored for future use. Graphics or images (such as, buttons and icons), photos, and even entire web pages are examples of items which are saved or cached. When visiting a webpage your browser checks if a copy of the files on the page is in its cache already. If so, it will save the visitor some downloading and make webpages load faster. Some browsers refer to its cache also as 'Temporary Internet Files'.
There are some situations when bypassing your browser's cache is preferred. Just refreshing the page will not be sufficient because this reloads the web page while still using the old files from the cache. You need to refresh your cache first and you can find step by step guides below. This will force the browser to re-download all the latest data from Zervant:
- Click >Options (on the right of the address bar), select >Settings
- Under Privacy, select >Clear browsing data. If not visible, click >+ Show advanced settings to make it appear
- Select >Cookies and other site data and >Cached images and files
- Choose the >Time range of data to clear. To clear your entire cache, select >all time
- Click >Clear data and exit/quit all browser windows
- Click the >Menu icon (next to the address bar), select >History. Select >Clear Recent History
- Select your >Time range to clear. To clear your entire cache, select >Everything
- Next to Details, click the down-arrow to choose which elements of the history to clear. To clear your entire cache, select >all items
- Click >Clear Now. After that, exit/quit all browser windows
- From the Safari menu, select >Clear History
- Select at >Time range "everything", then click >Clear History
- Go to >Quit Safari or press Command + Q to exit the browser completely
- In the top right, click the >Hub icon (looks like three horizontal lines)
- Click the >History icon, and then select >Clear all history
- Select >Browsing history, >Cookies and saved website data and >Cached data and files. After that, click >Clear
- After the "All Clear!"-message appears exit/quit all browser windows
4. Check your ad-blocking add-ons
Our software relies on data that comes from various sources and it can happen that one of them is blocked by an ad-blocker. To ensure full functionality of the software, we recommend you to disable ad-blocker on our site or temporarily disable it, so that Zervant can function properly.
5. If this didn't solve your issue, please contact our customer support
If you are still experiencing issues with the software functionality and you did the above steps, it may be time to contact our customer support team and describe your problem. We will respond in a timely manner and assist you with the resolution of the issue that you are experiencing.